7. INSTALL THE SOLAR PANEL.
View the whole assembled model
- On the SOLAR PANEL, find the circular opening marked A. On the SPACECRAFT BUS, find the rectangle labelled A. Insert the top of the SPACECRAFT BUS up through the bottom of the SOLAR PANEL and work rectangle A out through hole A. Work the two remaining rectangles out their respective holes.
When in place, the protruding rectangles A, G, and M will rest at the bottoms of the gold-outlined circles in the SOLAR PANEL, and the SPACECRAFT BUS will be centered within the SOLAR PANEL.
- Adjust the arms which end in yellow tabs to go straight out from the SPACECRAFT BUS. There are three at the bottom, and two at the top. Ignore the unmarked arm for now, or bend it up out of the way.
- Adjust all 5 yellow tabs so they contact the inside of the SOLAR PANEL. Adjust as necessary so the SPACECRAFT BUS is evenly centered inside the SOLAR PANEL. Glue the 5 yellow tabs where they touch the inside of the SOLAR PANEL.
- Pull the unmarked arm up to the top edge of the SOLAR PANEL, bending it where it attaches to the SPACECRAFT BUS. Let it extend past, and rest against the top of the SOLAR PANEL. Glue it where it meets the SOLAR PANEL. This arm supported the Magnetometer, which hinged up to meet it, during launch, while its boom was stowed.
- Glue the protruding rectangles A, G, and M. to the lowest point they will reach in the SOLAR PANEL's holes A, G, and M, with a couple drops of glue on the bottom of the rectangles, where they touch the SOLAR PANEL.
You're almost done!
| GO ON TO THE NEXT STEP |
| INSTRUCTIONS FIRST PAGE |