9. INSTALL THE REMAINING HANDRAILS.
View the whole assembled model
- From sheet B release the three yellow LONG HANDRAILS. Fold the prongs of each pair in opposite directions. Apply glue to the prongs of one HANDRAIL, and mount it standing up off the seam of the AFT SHROUD, aft of the printed doors.
- Apply glue to the prongs, and mount another handrail, also running fore and aft on the AFT SHROUD, in the open spaces beside the black printed ovals as shown:
- From sheet A release the two yellow SHORT HANDRAILS. Fold the prongs of each pair in opposite directions.
- On the AFT SHROUD locate the printed door latch aft of the AFT TRUNNION SCUFF PLATE:
- Apply glue to the prongs of one HANDRAIL, and mount it standing up off the AFT SHROUD, beside the latch as shown above. Repeat with the one remaining short handrail on the other side of the telescope.
| GO ON TO THE NEXT STEP |
| INSTRUCTIONS FIRST PAGE |