Attach the PVAs to
the Spacecraft Bus
- Lay the three Photovoltaic Array panels, PVAs, blue side down on your work surface, and place the Spacecraft Bus down on top of them, so that the inboard edges lie just underneath the Bus Top Panel edges marked "PVA". The PVA with the Magnetometer Boom should meet the Bus Top Panel edge marked "PVA-MAGBOOM".
- Apply glue to the Bus Top Panel and join the PVAs in place. Align so they are symmetrical, and let the glue dry.
- Apply beads of glue to hold the toothpick brace in position. It's convenient to position a pair of scissors to gently hold the brace in position while the glue dries.
- Repeat with the other two braces, and allow the glue to dry thoroughly before proceeding.
- After the glue is thoroughly dry, bend a slight lengthwise curvature into each of the Photovoltaic Array panels, to prevent them from sagging. The amount of curvature should hardly be noticeable.